BNTM

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The 22nd of October saw the first ever Britain's Next Top Model live event and I was lucky enough to have a press pass for it. The day was pretty enjoyable and I was very impressed with the catwalk, it was much better than expected. Five looks put together by stylist Diana Heald were showcased down the runway. The first look was one fit for winter, think big thick knit scarves and snoods, oversized jumpers and general heavy winter materials. In contrast, the second look was swimwear (don't ask me why) considering it was about five degrees on the day?! There were a lot of cutout sides, backs and fronts and embellished necklines. The next look sent down the runway presented macs worn over the top of long, floaty, silky dresses in floral prints with cutout sections. Some dresses had a rougher edge to them, with dirty looking dip-dyed hems, worn with harnesses over the top. I wasn't much of a fan of the fourth look which was very in-your-face. It showed sportswear with 90's rave references, think fluorescent colours and knee-high patterned socks. The final look was my favourite since it pretty much reflected what I wear on a day-to-day basis (or what I aim to wear at any rate!) It was mainly black, obviously and consisted of floaty materials being worn over more robust ones, basically there was a lot of leather and chiffon, and plenty of harnesses too. Above are some of my pictures from the catwalk, I apologise for their quality, I was an idiot and didn't charge my camera before-hand but I've learnt from my mistakes now!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment